Tuesday, October 01, 2013

31 Days of Opening My Mouth

I am taking the challenge.

I will use these 31 days of blogging to open my mouth for the poor and needy, the orphan, the widow, the speechless, all who are appointed to die, physically or spiritually, and to make known the gospel.

Proverbs 31:
Open your mouth for the speechless,
In the cause of all who are appointed to die.
Open your mouth, judge righteously,
And plead the cause of the poor and needy.


Ephesians 6:19
that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel.

I am looking for guest bloggers who want to open their mouths- let me know and we'll link up. Here's your soapbox, unload your burden.

Everyday I will call your attention to someone who needs your help. Everyday I will call for action.

Everyday I will pray that God moves in the hearts of His people to obey His call.

Everyday I will pray to be disturbed from my complacency. Everyday I will pray for my heart and yours to be broken with what breaks God's heart. And I will not shy away from the horrendous, the heart-breaking, the things I would rather not have to see. I will not look away. I hope you will join me. I hope we will be grieved in our souls and spurred to act.

 Are you angry that that person is walking right past that starving child with a bag a rice that could save his life? Yeah, me, too- except that IS me. That is you. We are walking around with bags of physical and spiritual food and we do not stop to offer it to the starving people all around us.
 
Let us cry out to God to show us the way. Let us not be deterred from seeking His face. Let us not turn away in despair at the overwhelming need all around, but turn to those in need and offer whatever God has given us.
 
With absolute sincerity,
 
Joce
 
 
 
 
 
What's your burden?  
 
 
Links to 31 Days of Opening My Mouth
Day 24: Lost in Darkness
Day 25: Taking Turns
Day 26: Troubling
Day 27: God Has a Good Plan
Day 28: Balancing Act
Day 29: Traffic
Day 30: The Dangerous Prayer
Day 31: Well Done

Live your life for more than yourself.
Live to hear the words, "Well done, good and faithful servant."
 

No comments:

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.