Monday, October 14, 2013

Living Faith

Click this link, first, or the rest of what I write won't make much sense:
Pregnant and Homeless on the Steps of the Church

I really like this article. It talks about the trend of NOT opening our mouths, specifically about abortion, specifically about the silence of the church.

But it also talks about backing up our talk with action. Illustrating our faith with our works.

One difference of opinion I have with the author of the article is that I don't agree with her rant against that big church's focus on the  gospel. The gospel CAN save that mother from all those things, because God cares for His children. But I agree that they need to read James. The whole book really, but chapter 2 at least:

Faith without Good Deeds Is Dead

14 What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone? 15 Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing, 16 and you say, “Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well”—but then you don’t give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do?
17 So you see, faith by itself isn’t enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.

Today I am speaking out against apathy. For the sake of your hearts and the hearts of those whom your apathy condemns.

So I guess the summary of my thoughts for today are, "Open your Mouth" and "Get off your duff."
It's Monday anyway. :)

XO

No comments:

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.