Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Breaking Chains

I keep thinking about Davion, who had the chance to speak to a church family about his need for a family. I am SO happy that he was given a VOICE. And that God's people HEARD. I am pretty sure from the updates I've seen that he is going to get a family. PRAISE THE GOD WHO SETS THE LONELY IN FAMILIES.

But, what about the rest of the kids in foster care in the US with stories just as heart-breaking as Davion's?

They DO NOT have voice. They DO NOT have the chance to stand up in your church this weekend.
But they need a family just as much as Davion.

Before I heard about New Horizons and saw Anastasija's sweet face, I used to scroll the kids in Children Awaiting Parents. I would see the ads in the Pennysaver and go to their site and just scroll and pray that God would point me to the right kid. My kid wasn't listed there, she was in Latvia, but my heart was with those kids. Foster kids need a home with a heart- the heart of Christ. And a forever home would fulfill their deepest dream.

Anastasija still doesn't get it. She can't fathom the fact that we are her forever family. That our parents are really really her grandparents. That my brother and sister are her forever aunt and uncle. They are not just another set of people that will soon be in the past, forgotten. They are HERS. She laughs when I say that her babies will be my grandbabies. She can't really get that all the way into her heart and head. I can't wait for the day when she starts to care about and remember her relationship to and the personalities of her aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. because that will be the day when the foreverness of her family has started to sink in and take root.

You have the power to teach the foreverness of family to a child.

Hear the call of the voiceless child.

Hebrews 13:
13 Let brotherly love continue. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels. Remember the prisoners as if chained with them—those who are mistreated—since you yourselves are in the body also.
 
Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”[a] So we may boldly say:
“The Lord is my helper;
I will not fear.
What can man do to me?”
 
I know it is fear that holds you back- not enough energy, not enough money, not enough time, concern for the children you already have....The LORD is your helper- be bold. Entertain a stanger, remember those in chains, those who are mistreated...
 
16 But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.
 
*Where's your treasure?*
 
~Joce

No comments:

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.