Friday, October 18, 2013

Voiceless



As I have focused on giving voice to the voiceless, I have come to realize that voicelessness is not the problem. I realize that it is not voicelessness against which I struggle. I do not need to speak out against voicelessness. The problem with which I struggle; that which I am striving to change and overcome; that which I must speak out against is deafness.


Luke 8:8
But others fell on good ground, sprang up, and yielded a crop a hundredfold.” When He had said these things He cried, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear!” (NKJV)






Other seed fell in rich earth and produced a bumper crop.
“Are you listening to this? Really listening?”(MSG)

Maybe I should change my theme to 31 Days of Shouting to Deaf People. Or 31 Days of Deafness Awareness. Giving voice to the voiceless is pointless if no one is listening. Or, if they listen, but they walk away and forget what they've heard.


James 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.


Go be blessed!

XO
Joce

No comments:

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.