Monday, December 19, 2011

Establishing Home

So Anastasija is no longer a guest- she is a member of the household.
We are working little details out as subtle and not-so-subtle changes in routines and relationships are sorted out.

Anastasija needs her role as biggest, but newest, kid defined.
Brilyn needs her role as not-quite-the-biggest-in-age, but oldest-in-seniority kid defined.
Cade just needs to stop pestering the girls and play with Jessup sometimes.
Jessup needs to stop playing in the sink and giving mommy anxiety about what the heck he is doing- now...where is he?!?!?

Ah. A time of transition. It's always a lot of work. This time some of the difficulties come from one of the children not speaking too much English and from one of the children having just turned an adorable two years old.

What's a mommy to do? Pray a lot.

1. I pray for the fruit of the spirit to show up in my interactions in my home with my kids as I strive to train them in the ways of God.
2. I pray that God would teach me to rely on His strength. Some days, I have sufficient energy to do a decent job without leaning on God so much, but then a day like yesterday comes along and I remember that God's strength is made perfect in my weakness. The reality is, I need to learn to rely on God ALL THE TIME. Not just when I'm a mess. Then, the transitions from days of mostly-even-emotions and decent-levels-of-energy to days of amazing-tiredness and abominable-irritability won't be so rough. I'll let you know when I get that one all figured out. LOL.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for you too! I have that issue myself. With the two year old and the abominable irritability! You are a great Momma, sometimes it takes a day that doesn't go so great to remind us how much it is His strength and not ours.

Kara said...

"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him." The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. Lamentations 3: 22~25

One of my new favorite verses. Know that you are seeking God and therefore He will give you strength. XOXOXO...know I love and pray for you DAILY!

Allison Enders said...

I am praying for you too Jocelyn. I find the same struggles and then it is always so comforting when God always has an answer if we just seek His peace! Thank you for sharing your journey.

God Bless!!

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.