Thursday, April 24, 2008

On good faith for the three comments I have received so far, (that makes you number 2, Courtney) I will post a most delicious recipe.
Tangy Hawaiian Chicken
Chicken and Sauce:
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
1 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons barbeque sauce
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
Pieces of any ornery chicken
salt and pepper to taste
Rice:
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1 cup uncooked white rice
2 cups water
Directions:
Place all "Chicken and Sauce" ingredients in a large shallow pan. Cover and cook on low for a couple hours. (It should bubble a bit).
Place all "Rice" ingredients in medium saucepan and bring to a boil, then turn down and simmer for 20 minutes.
I cut the chicken off the bones and chopped it into 1 inch square pieces and put it back in the sauce to serve. (I don't like bones on my plate, I think it is morbid).
For those of you who have been reading lately, you may be wondering about the origin of the chicken used in this recipe. Your suspicions are confirmed.
And thus, Cornelius met a delicous end.
XOXOX
Joce

4 comments:

Cookie said...

HA! I loved it! You make me laugh! I may just have to try this recipe, but do you find ornery chickens at Tops or Wegmans? Love, Courtney

Anonymous said...

I must say I loved reading the one liner "Cornelieas is Dead". I do wonder though, if your fear of chickens and geese are healthy??? Maybe you should see someone about that...I know a great lady at church who does counseling??? I could recommend her to your!!!!! hahahaha...So you don't like bones in your steak or in a ham?? Interesting----I believe I have learned lots from you in a short amount of time----Good luck on the garden!

Rebz said...

Heather...
LOL!
xoxox
Joce

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

That's a great recipe, and probably made the bad guy go down easier! :)

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.