Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pouring out

First, a link: Daily Dose of My Utmost for His Highest. And, you can like them on facebook.


Second, a quote; "Never hold anything in reserve. Pour yourself out, giving the best that you have, and always be poor. Never be diplomatic and careful about the treasure God gives. This is poverty triumphant." Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest

I am called to pour myself out. This applies to me in so many ways, but one spot that is hard for me is the pouring out of my energy when I am already tired.

I hold back sometimes, carefully measuring out my energy and attention, with the thought that I need to keep some back so I don't run out. How shall I meet that next need if I don't save something back?

I am poor in energy at this point in my life. It is hard to pour out the last drop without hesitation. But there is triumph in the pouring out of the last drop. I see the truth in that phrase. I have experienced the truth of that phrase. When I love so freely that I pour it all out with no thought for from where my strength for the next job will come- I am triumphant in Christ and find that my strength flows freely from Him.

I want to give my best to my family. I want to pour out the last drop of my energy and attention and then see the miracle of being filled up again. I want my children to learn to give the best of themselves. I want them to see the miracle of God's never ending grace and riches.

I want to live in poverty triumphant.

*Where's your treasure*

Joce


No comments:

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.