Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Brush it off, walk it out.


Ecclesiastes 4
The Value of a Friend
9 Two are better than one,
Because they have a good reward for their labor.
10 For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
But woe to him who is alone when he falls,
For he has no one to help him up.
11 Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm;
But how can one be warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him.
And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.


I love that passage; it's so true. And I am kind of an introvert, content to be by myself and think through things and struggle through things on my own. But when I read verses like this, it makes me realize my need for others. It gives me the focus of making it a priority to develop and maintain friendships.
When I am tired and discouraged, my natural tendency is to retreat into myself. But, that is not always what I need. Sometimes I need a friend to pick me up!
I have two close friends who I trust immensely, with every cruddy aspect of myself. I know that they will love me even if I tell them I yelled at my 15 month old to just shut up.

So, if you are still reading and not thinking I'm a bad bad person, let me just say, my guilt over stuff like that can overwhelm me. "I'm a horrible mother! My kids are going to need so much therapy! I'm supposed to be modeling the love of Jesus and I'm a schmuck!" But then a friend can wipe those cobwebs away and lead me back to the grace of Jesus and say, "Hey, yeah, that wasn't your best, but get up and try it again, I'll be praying for you."

Pray for a friend today!

XO

No comments:

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.