Friday, June 21, 2013

Since I lay my burden down

Desperate Chapter 8
Galatians 6 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. 2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

We need to be real with each other and truthful so that we can see each other's burdens and help. There is danger in that and vulnerability, and the darkness tells us not to let others know our struggles because that kind of sharing will come back to bite us.
But without authenticity, we bear our burdens alone, and when we fall there is no one there to pick us up.
Which is exactly where the enemy wants us; alone, weeping, in the mud.
I am not a natural self-discloser. I do not open up. Joe does. He makes me so uncomfortable sometimes when we are in social situations and he just puts it ALL out there.
I am an introvert. I like to play my cards close to the vest. I like to talk to Jesus and my journal about stuff. I don't need anybody else's opinion to feel fulfilled.
But where does that leave me when the days grow dark? In the dark, by myself.
I will never be one who shares all my inside stuff with lots of folks, but God has slowly taught me to trust a few folks with my struggles. And it is good for my soul.

We are all in the same place, with dark spots in our hearts that we think no one will understand. Not so. There is no temptation except what is common to man.

Now, what are your burdens? Find a trustworthy someone somewhere and lay those burdens down. Let your sisters (or brothers, hey GUYS!) in Christ pick you up, brush you off, and cheer you on.

Shine a little light on someone you suspect is strugging- be lavish! God is. And enjoy the results- in their life and your own.

God Bless!
XO

Also, might I suggest watching Because of Winn Dixie this weekend? It's my favorite.

Have a song!





No comments:

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.