Campfire Apple Crisp
Author: BS’ in the Kitchen
Recipe type: Dessert
The classic flavours of apple crisp, made campfire friendly!
- 3-4 apples (chopped)
- ⅓ cup oats
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup butter
- 2-3 tbsp white sugar
- aluminum foil
- In a bowl add oats, brown sugar, whole wheat flour and butter, mixing with a fork until pieces of butter are evenly dispersed throughout the mixture.
- Add in your chopped apples, cinnamon, and white sugar, mixing together.
- Take three long pieces of aluminum foil (about a foot and a half), fold each side up and pinch the ends together forming a boat-like shape.
- Place the ingredients in the center of the aluminum foil, folding the sides over and pinching to seal the package.
- You can also make individual packages, by folding like the image above!
- Place on a grate over the fire pit, cooking for about 15-20 minutes.
- If your fire doesn’t have a grate, place the package in the fire pit, on the edge furthest from the flames, rotating once after 10 minutes of cooking.