Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Loving Life

1 Peter 3:

10For, "Whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech. 11He must turn from evil and do good; he must seek peace and pursue it. 12For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."

I would love life- so I will pursue peace and strive for what is good. I am comforted to know that God's ears are attentive to the prayers of the righteous. I am currently forming some new opinions about prayer. I will expound on that when I have my thoughts in order.

Today I am going to make grilled cheese for lunch- with pureed squash hidden in the cheese. I will let you know how those come out.

UPDATE: The grilled cheese was delicious!
Here's the recipe:

1/2 C butternut squash puree
1/2 C shredded cheddar
1 T butter
1/4 t salt

Combine room temperature ingredients with a spoon, and spread on bread in place of sliced cheese to make toasted cheese sandwiches.

And, here is a fun idea I got from Kara- build a fort in your dining room (or kitchen, wherever you keep your table) with blankets. I put a spin on that idea by playing "Northwoods Night" CD and helping the kids imagine they were camping in the Adirondacks. It was a blast.


XOXO
Joce

No comments:

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.