Monday, January 28, 2008

Good Monday Morning!

Just a few quick thoughts this morning.

I have recently adopted two new ways to simplify my life and spend more time being here and now with those I am near.

The first thing is that in the morning, while I put my contacts in and get dressed, my dear sweet children get to play quietly in their nice warm room. It gives them a chance to play with the toys that are in there, and me a chance to gather my thoughts and prepare for my day quietly. Instead of starting my day harried and hurried, I start out calmly. Very good improvement.

The second thing is that I do not make or take phone calls on Monday. (Except from my mom). This way, I am able to work on my list of things to do without interruption. I have come to realize that I do not have to answer the phone every time it rings. I am not its slave. The phone is a tool for me to use as I need it. I am glad to have freed myself of one more possession- I may still own it, but it does not own me.


Free at last, free at last, I thank God I'm free at last. (Almost)


XOXOX

~Joce



Today's bribe picture comes from this past summer- every night we tuck our babies in bed and read them a story and say our prayers. (And enjoy a good paci or two, as seen above.) Don't worry, we always move Cade to his own bed.

8 comments:

Carol said...

It is true, how your morning goes sets the tone for the rest of the day. I know what you mean about the phone, I am on the phone all day long at work and it's the last thing I want to do when I'm at home. So, we screen our calls most of the time and that seems to work for us.
Have a great Monday~Carol

Rebz said...

I'm glad I am not alone in my flight from the phone. Thanks for the support. I would get rid of it completely, but it does have some value since my best friend and my family live too far away to visit enough.
I love that you always comment!TTFN!
~Joce

Anonymous said...

Very good ideas...it sounds like some 7 Habbits of Highly Effective People kind of stuff, especially the phone calls. You can get so much more done with minimal interruptions.

Rebz said...

Okay, so I see that 6 people have voted on my poll about child rearing practices...yet only 2 people have posted comments! Show me the love people...I need to hear your thoughts about what I write. Think of it this way...to read a blog and not comment is like listening to a conversation without participating. It's kind of like eavesdropping, except the proper term is blog stalking. Please comment- you like to hear from me, I like to hear from you!
(But, I do appreciate your voting in my poll. Thanks for that.)
XOXOXOX
~Joce

Rebz said...

Also, John-
Maybe I will write a book when I figure out the other 6 habits! HAHA, Joe would say- "Good luck with that, maybe you should start doing dishes first."

Anonymous said...

I think I finally figured it out! I had to reset my password, but I think I can post now. Hopefully this worked this time:)

Rebz said...

Good job Mel!
See you Saturday!
~Joce

dad said...

Looking for your poll on child rearing...I always have some thoughts about that! Another thought came to me when you mentioned the "phone"....have you ever considered the "computer" in those terms?!
See you at Super Bowl!
love Mom

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.