Monday, November 04, 2013

Yes or No

"I know it but I don't want to: it is a choice. Living with losses, I may choose to still say yes. Choose to say yes to what He freely gives. Could I live that-- the choice to open the hands to freely receive whatever God gives? If I don't, I am still making a choice.
The choice not to.
The day I met my brother-in-law at the back door, looking for his brother, looking like his brother, is the day I see it clear as a full moon rising bright over January snow, that choice, saying yes or no to God's graces, is the linchpin of it all, or everything."
Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts, p. 18

Romans 5

Faith Triumphs in Trouble

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have[a] peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
 

Faith Brings Joy

Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory.
We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.
And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.

So, give thanks for what hurts. That is really crazy and nobody does that. We read that and we don't do it because it's stupid. We say, maybe, in ten years, and I can see how something good came from this, I'll stop being angry about it. But rejoice in a trial when I'm in it and all it does it hurt? False. Inauthentic. Faker.

Unless we believe God. If we really believe God, we can truly thank God for our losses and trials and hard times. I'm going to try this out. See how it fits

But I don't really want to try this in public, so I'm going to keep most of my list to myself today.

101-130.
131. Gathered: Red ripe raspberries
132. Given: Hugs
133. Good: Wisdom

Give thanks for your losses, a gift gathered, a gift given, a gift that is good.
Check out Ann's November Joy Dare printable.

*where's your treasure?*
~Joce

 

 
 

No comments:

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.