Sunday, May 30, 2010

In a hurry bread

Hey.
Bread is a staple of our meals around here. We don't really eat pasta or potatoes very often- we like to eat bread. Sometimes, I forget to start a dough in time for dinner.
Here's the deal:
Italian Bread
from Joel Smith via Kara Riedl
5-6 C bread
2 T yeast
1 T salt
2 T sugar
2 C hot tap
 Combine 4 C flour with dry ingredients. Add hot tap water, combine. Add 1-2 more C flour while kneading 8 minutes. Shape into 2 round loaves, brush with water, cut an 'X' in the top and bake at 400 F from a cold oven for 40 minutes. Place a bowl of water on lower rack in oven for crusty crust.

Yum yummy yum yum.

Now, I am going to go eat it.
XOXO
Joce

1 comment:

Kara said...

My favorite!!!! So glad to see we made an appearance on your blog...I feel special!!

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.