Wednesday, April 07, 2010

From the book...

Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit. By Francis Chan
p. 37
"It really is an astounding truth that the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you. He lives in me. I do not know what the Spirit will do or where He'll lead me each time I invite Him to guide me. But I am tired of living in a way that looks exactly like people who do not have the Holy Spirit of God living in them. I want to consistently live with an awareness of His strength. I want to be different today from what I was yesterday as the fruit of the Spirit becomes more manifest in me."
(Big bold type added by me)

I am finding it easier and easier to relinquish my hold on my life- my time, my money, my kids- as I give them up to God and find that He is faithful. I am safest when God is in control. I am strongest when God's strength is made perfect in my weakness. How did I discover this? By trusting Him enough to hand some things over to His control and then finding that His way is better than my way. Take a step out in faith, give something you love to God, and find that He will keep you and your stuff in the palm of His hand.

Now that I have learned to trust God, that all He has for me is good, I can give more and more of myself to Him. And in its place? I get more of HIM! And that is from whence the good stuff comes. He is using ME!?! To do His awesome work! And it is better than crack anything this world has to offer.

XOXO
Joce

No comments:

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.