Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Open Your Mouth

I love how God uses my time in a GMG study- He always directly and specifically confirms and strengthens His call on me to speak out against abortion and human suffering.

Proverbs 31:
8 Open your mouth for the speechless,
In the cause of all who are appointed to die.
9 Open your mouth, judge righteously,
And plead the cause of the poor and needy.

Open my mouth. Sometimes I feel like I should just shut up for a while. Give people a rest. But, is there rest in the abortion clinics? Is there rest for those who are lost in human trafficking? Is there rest for those whose children are dying from starvation?
No. No rest for them. So, I will not rest, and will not give it a rest.

WORLDWIDE
Number of abortions per year: Approximately 42 Million
Number of abortions per day: Approximately 115,000
Where abortions occur:
83% of all abortions are obtained in developing countries and 17% occur in developed countries.
© Copyright 1996-2008, The Alan Guttmacher Institute. (www.agi-usa.org)

UNITED STATES
Number of abortions per year: 1.37 Million (1996); (1.21 million as of 2008)
Number of abortions per day: Approximately 3,700; (3,322 as of 2008)
Who's having abortions (age)?
52% of women obtaining abortions in the U.S. are younger than 25: Women aged 20-24 obtain 32% of all abortions; Teenagers obtain 20% and girls under 15 account for 1.2%.
Who's having abortions (race)?
While white women obtain 60% of all abortions, their abortion rate is well below that of minority women. Black women are more than 3 times as likely as white women to have an abortion, and Hispanic women are roughly 2 times as likely.
Who's having abortions (marital status)?
64.4% of all abortions are performed on never-married women; Married women account for 18.4% of all abortions and divorced women obtain 9.4%.

Who is suffering from abortion? Women and children, minorities, the poor.

Open your mouth.

XO
Joce

No comments:

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.