Saturday, November 05, 2011

10 Ways You Can Care for Orphans- Day 3

3. PROVIDE for their needs.
15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?
~James 2

I am only going to use one bullet point, because I want you to seriously consider it:
  • Find a reputable organization that cares for orphans. Give them money on a regular basis.
XO

Update on today's party:
 Brilyn's Give This Christmas Away Party went amazingly well- an answer to prayer. Every chair had a child in it. Every single chair.
Brilyn invited friends to her party, and asked them to bring:
1. Something to put in an Operation Christmas Child shoebox for a girl age 5-9 and a boy age 2-4.
2. A Bible story picture book.
3. A donation of $1.00 to buy Bibles through Gospel for Asia.
We now have two full baskets of toys, lots of Bible stories, and enough money to buy, oh, 3,000 Bible tracts in the recipients' native language. Praise God!

No comments:

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.