Monday, August 31, 2009

Egg Souffle

I made this for my mom a while back, and I have had a hard time finding the recipe again. It was in the D and C and they make you pay cash money to read their archives. But today I got lucky and found it at it's owner's site.
This is good food:

Egg SouffléFrom Springdale Farm Bed & Breakfast

2 tablespoons unsalted butter
9 large eggs½ cup sour cream
½ cup whole milk1 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put butter in the bottom of an 8-inch-round soufflé dish that is at least 4 inches tall. Place dish in preheating oven for a few minutes, until butter is melted. Remove from oven. In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat eggs, sour cream, milk and salt together until eggs are light in color, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour egg mixture into dish. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until the soufflé is full, high and fluffy. Serve immediate.Makes 4 servings.

Today I will use kefir instead of sour cream because that is my only cultured milk in the house at this time.
Go to this site for the original article.
xoxo
Joce

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds melt in your mouth scrumptious :) Happy back to school days to you. How have you been?

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.