Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Two pictures and two precious gifts

My mom passed into glory one week ago today.
I was very happy to find this picture in my camera. It was taken a few weeks ago, the last time she was able to visit. See previous post- we had a good time.

And here is a pic (as is the new header) of the bouquet my sister and I chose for my mom from our kids. Flowers have never been more meaningful to me.

Thanks for your prayers- I'm doing okay. I can take some comfort in the fact that I held her hand as she was meeting Jesus.

I am also comforted by two gifts straight from heaven:

1. The last time my mom visited here she felt good, and we had fun, and cooked together. And I was aware of the fact that it could be the last time I ever cooked with my mom and I savored every second of it. I'm so glad I took the time to notice. That's a gift.

2. I was able to say a few words and play the piano at mom's funeral. I wanted to say something, but I was unsure what I could do without breaking down. The morning of the funeral, I was playing my mom's piano- "It is Well"- and God just calmed my heart. I knew that playing that song would express two things I have received from my mom- music and faith. That I was able to do that was a gift to me and to those who were there. That's the second gift.

XOXO
Joce

6 comments:

Kara said...

What I love most about you is your unchanging faith! Your faith will get you through this difficult time and it is evident that you know this already! I love you girl and I am praying for you!!! Love your one and only, BFF!

threecollie said...

It is hard to know what to say....I am so sorry for your loss....and glad that you have such wonderful faith to help you through.

Julie said...

Jocelyn,
I am so sorry to hear about your mom, and will pray for continued peace and healing.

Maria Yoder said...

Jocelyn,
I'm so so so sorry to hear about your mom. I wish there was more to say, but you're in my prayers! I know you will make it through this but I can't imagine the difficult moments that you will face. I wish I could bring you a meal or come sit for a cup of tea or have your kiddos to my place. Instead I have a card sitting on my desk for you but I can't find your address anywhere! Give yourself and your family a hug from me!
Love, Maria

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

Joce, so sorry to hear about your mom, take care and think of the good times to help you through this time of pain and healing. She lives on through you, and your family forever :)

Anonymous said...

Jocelyn, you are such a peaceful person. God bless you for seeing His goodness.

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.