Friday, July 31, 2009

Try this

So, a friend brought me some chocolate pudding. Which is good. But, I really should be eating yogurt, not pudding. So? I mixed it half chocolate pudding, half plain yogurt, and accidently made up a practically gourmet treat. It is so so good.
So, you should try it.
And, I made mulberry preserves. Mulberries are a LOT of work. But, I think, now that the work is done, that it was worth it. I have never had any jams, jellies, or preserves with such a rich flavor. Basic recipe: 1 cup fruit, 1 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice. And a new trick: how to tell when it's jam- put a teaspoon of fruity stuff in question on a plate, and when cool enough, run your finger through it. If it doesn't run back together, but stays in two blobs, its done!
That trick worked for me. Quite well. Plus, you get to lick some jam (or almost jam) off your finger.
XOXO
Joce

No comments:

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.