Friday, August 24, 2012

Midnight Bread, or, Audacious Prayer

Well, I just Skyped with Anastasija, and we have a prayer request.
All of the paperwork is in Latvia, just waiting to be looked at and approved.
All we are waiting for is for a judge to refer Anastasija to our family and give us a travel date.
This usually takes 2-4 months. There is a lot of room for a miracle in there, don't you think? All we need is for our file to miraculously appear at the top of the pile, and for the judge to think, "Hmm, let's send that referral out today. Maybe those folks would like to come in September."

Because, we serve a very big God, who can go all 007 on that court (you know- sneaking in there, hanging from a rope, putting our file on the top of the pile, zapping folks on the head with good ideas like, "Let's do this one today! They seem like lovely people"...use your imagination here) and get our referral done whenever He wants.

So, pray that audacious prayer with me that blows 2-4 months out of the water and gets us there before you can say "Little Anastaija from Latvia is going to be a Rebisz in America."

XO
Joce

A Friend Comes at Midnight

5 And He said to them, “Which of you shall have a friend, and go to him at midnight and say to him, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves; 6 for a friend of mine has come to me on his journey, and I have nothing to set before him’; 7 and he will answer from within and say, ‘Do not trouble me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give to you’? 8 I say to you, though he will not rise and give to him because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will rise and give him as many as he needs.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Praying NOW!

Hanna said...

Praying everytime I wash dishes and see a little note hanging on my cross that says "Pray for Anastasija's paperwork. NOW!"

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.