Thursday, October 29, 2009

Things to do with milk...

Because I own a cow, I have a lot of milk to deal with on a regular basis.
And I get tired of mozzarella and ricotta. So here is a brainstormed list of some of the other relatively useful and easy things I sometimes remember to do with the milk.
Lemon cheese
Cheddar cheese curds
Yogurt
Kefir
Cream cheese
Evaporated milk
Pudding
Hot chocolate in large quantities
Ice cream

I would like to share a new chocolate pudding recipe I developed yesterday.

Rich Chocolate-Almond Pudding
In a medium saucepan, combine:
1 C raw sugar
1 C dutch cocoa
1/4 C corn starch
Add 5 cups milk, turn heat on medium/low.
Add 2 beaten eggs by whisking in a steady stream.
Heat till bubbly and thickened, stirring almost constantly, until you can feel the spoon dragging on the bottom. Maybe 5 minutes?
Remove from heat, add 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/8 teaspoon almond extract. Pour into serving bowl to set, and serve warm or cold with fluffywhip (aka real whipped cream).

Kids will eat it, but I really made

XOXO
Joce
it for me.

2 comments:

Doda said...

Yummy, reading that list made me hungry!

Anonymous said...

Hey cant find your e-mail.
My Ai guy got some sorted semen.
said he would come out there to your place.
If you see a heat you can have a diea od timing for him. She is easy to get bred.
neadow7@msn.com
e-mail me-
Liz

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.