Thursday, June 11, 2009

A recipe, a request, and a moment of silence

Recipe:
Asparagus thingys

1 package cresent rolls
cheese
asparagus

In the little triangles that the cresent roll people make, place some cheese (I used sliced mozz, shredded cheddar, and shredded swiss- that's what was in my fridge) and about four 4-inch spears of asparagus. Roll it up like the cresent roll people say on the package, and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. Wow. That's all I'll say. (I do apologize for posting this now that asparagus is done for the year.) (And, sorry that the picture is blurry. I did my best, but my camera just wasn't feeling cooperative.)
Request:
Please identify this plant-

And this one, too-

And a moment of silence: (for my baby's hair)

Due to a very unfortunate miscommunication (on my husband's part, I won't mince words there)my dear sweet baby accidently received a Big Boy Hair Cut while I was Out of Town.

Sweet Baby-

Big Boy-

That's all for now, my little people are in need of food.

XOXO

Joce

9 comments:

Kara said...

Is the first one some type of peonie? and the second kinda looks like a lily of some sort...but that is my limited knowledge of plants!

Second, I have to say that I actually like Cade's hair cut but would have to say he looks like a 4 year old!! He is a cutie no matter what!!

xoxoxo, ME

Pamela said...

the first one is a rhododendron.
and i thought we were going to be having a moment of silence for right-wing Joe.

Pamela said...

I think the second one is a pincushion flower.
I can't look at the third because I have to go kill a cat.

Rebz said...

LOL. It came close to that.
XOXO
Joce

Rebz said...

That's IT! It is a rhododendron. Not that I would have argued with you. But I googled it and did a positive ID.
And, Hanna said in real life that the white one might be a fancy columbine, and I googled that and she may be right.
If anyone wants to confirm or disprove that, please do.
Thanks then,
XOXO
Joce

Rebz said...

OH OH! And did anyone notice my new header pic? Those pretty peonies are from Pamela. And I took the pic myself. I think it is very nice, don't you?
LOL.
XOXO
Joce

Anonymous said...

rhododendron.

one bite will kill a goat.
Liz

Anonymous said...

I vote columbine on the second one.

DayPhoto said...

Your son is beautiful! Long or short hair!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.