Friday, June 13, 2008

Good Friday Morning.
I recently finished the Anne of Green Gables series. I am a different person because of it. There are not too many books or book series about which you can say that. Like Harry Potter- I LOVE Harry Potter, but reading that series did not change me. Because I have read the Anne books I am more compassionate, am more likely to see the good in people, have more respect for myself and women everywhere who minister to those around them through cooking and cleaning and gardening and visiting and running commitees and helping others and kissing boo-boo's. Self sacrifice and getting through hard times are not opportunities for pissing and moaning, but for "being a brick" and doing your part bravely. Bravery and duty are themes in the books and I am better for having read them. I hope you read them too. I will be reading Christmas with Anne this coming December if anyone wants to do a little holiday book club. Also: (thanks for the heads-up Pam) Present Tense bookstore in Batavia, NY is hosting an Anne of Green Gables picnic on Saturday, August 16th, at 1:00 pm. You need to RSVP so visit the website if you are interested. We can go together!
Next up: some cute pics. Enjoy!
Brilyn and Felicity taking a ride on Penny
Princess Brilyn in Jammies
Family Camping Memorial Day Weekend
Cade Pimpin on Felicity

2 comments:

Kara said...

I may have to read those this summer! Your right about not "pissing and moaning" and having to be the brick. I think that is a great piece of advice for many moms...and myself!

Love the pics! Cade looks great with felicity!

Unknown said...

Hey Jocelyn (and Joe):
It is great to see what you guys are up to! I love love love the Green Gables books -I read them all when I was pregnant with Owen. I say our girls will be strongly encouraged to like them as well.
We are living in Atlanta and I'm doing the stay at home mom thing while Duff is teaching 5th grade. If you guys ever venture south, please let us know !
Take care!
Amy Beigel

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.