Friday, March 07, 2014

Future and hope


Prayer request, action item....usually one and the same, right?

So, I don't want to make the story drag, but there are some details you need to know as you pray.

Last fall, we signed up to host Z. from China. He is a little guy, around 7, with mild CP. China got a new minister of orphanages, or something like that, and he put a hiatus on hosting. I never felt released from my obligation to Z. I love that little man and did not move on. I have continued to pray for him, and my heart squeezes every time I see his picture.



Since then, the summer hosting opened up and we chose D, a 13 year old boy from Latvia. He likes to fish and play basketball. He speaks English pretty well and is a really nice kid. His mom died 2 years ago and he is now in foster care. We didn't want to let another hosting opportunity go by without ministering to a child, so we signed up! We are moving through our paperwork and making payments to host this awesome kid.
 

 

 

And then I get an email that Z is now available to host for the summer! So now I am invested in both these boys, and I have a decision to make. For various reasons, including recently finding out that my almost 13 year old daughter is cra-cra about boys, I think our dream for this situation would be for our family to host Z and another local family to host D. If that local family was willing, Joe would still happily pour into D's life with lots of fishing trips and basketball trips to the park.

And Z could live with us and play with our boys and get my hugs and cookies. And we could take him to Chinese buffet a lot. Even if he doesn't really recognize the food...I bet we'd still enjoy ourselves.

So, please pray for us as we seek God's face on this. We know He has a great plan for hosting for both Z and D. And He has a great plan for our family and whom we will host this summer. He has plans to prosper, and to give a future and a hope to D and Z. Pray, and listen. :)


No comments:

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.