Thursday, July 12, 2012

Looking ahead

I just skyped with Anastasija.
I am so glad for that priviledge.
She looks healthy and happy and her English seems to be getting even better.
We talked about what I have planted in my garden- beets for borscht and tomatoes for pizza sauce, two things she likes to eat. It is so wonderful to think that the food I am growing today will be ready for her to eat when she comes home.

I have been thinking a lot lately about how my family will look in a few months. We will have 5 kids- an 11 year old, a 7 year old, a 5 year old, a 2 year old, and a none-year old. I have already started hanging Anastasija's dresses in the closet next to Brilyn's- they are just a little longer than Bri's. I have a pair of shoes that someone gave us that will probably fit Anastasija when she gets here- I didn't put them into storage, I just put them in the shoe bin.
Brilyn has been talking about camp next summer, and it has started to sink in that next summer I will have a 12 YEAR OLD to plan camp for.
I have been preparing for the coming school year- I will have a Kindergartner, a second grader, and a fifth grader. I wonder where she will be academically?  Will she be a willing learner, or will it be like pulling teeth? We'll see! As we will for Cade, as well.

I already have a read aloud planned for bedtime reading when we have a boys' room and a girls' room: For the girls- Ella Enchanted. For the boys- whatever Joe wants to read!

Each night when I tuck my kids in and bless them, I pray for Anastasija. It always hurts a little, blessing my child who is so far from home. I know that God's timing is perfect, but I always ask Him if He can put a rush on things to spare my heart, and hers. And in the mean time, could He please keep an extra close eye on her. Talk about having to trust your children to the Lord- there is not one little thing I can to do keep her safe but pray- which, when I think about it, is truly the BIGGEST thing you can do for any of your children, near or far.

Well, for now I will be thankful for Skype, and wait, knowing that God has a perfect plan. And He can keep my heart in perfect peace while I wait.

XO


Let's get all these kiddos under one roof, shall we?





No comments:

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.