Friday, January 22, 2016

A Prayer for Life and a Meditation

A Prayer for Guidance

To the Chief Musician. With flutes.[a] A Psalm of David.

Give ear to my words, O Lord,
Consider my meditation.
Give heed to the voice of my cry,
My King and my God,
For to You I will pray.
My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord;
In the morning I will direct it to You,
And I will look up.

Whenever I read this and think of lifting my eyes, I always think of the Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.  
Gandalf says, "Look to my coming, at first light, on the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East." And then he leaves while his friends march to fight a losing battle. 

At the darkest part of the battle, when the few who are left are riding to their death, Aragorn remembers the voice of Gandalf. And just as he recalls those words, he looks up, and there is Gandalf, just cresting a hill, with an army on horseback behind him. Hope is restored, the tide is turned, and the battle won. 

Look up. Where does your help come from? 

Psalm 121
I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.

Lord Jesus Christ, 
Let us lift our eyes. Let us lift them up to the hills. Remind us that you ride to our rescue. You are the God of Angels Armies, the Lord of Hosts. Surround those who gather at our nation's capitol today. They speak for the speechless, defend the defenseless. Ride out before them Lord. Make their righteousness shine like the stars, and the justice of their cause like the noonday sun. 

For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness,
Nor shall evil dwell with You.
The boastful shall not stand in Your sight;
You hate all workers of iniquity.
You shall destroy those who speak falsehood;
The Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.

Bring those who profit from the slaughter of the most innocent to repentance. Stay their hands, prevent them from carrying out the atrocity of abortion. Expose their lies, expose their twisting of words that white washes a black and rotting evil.
But as for me, I will come into Your house in the multitude of Your mercy;
In fear of You I will worship toward Your holy temple.
Lead me, O Lord, in Your righteousness because of my enemies;
Make Your way straight before my face.

We fall on our faces before your blessed mercy. We know where we would be without it. Guide us, in our faithful pursuit of ending abortion. Bring us to our knees before you, in worship of a holy God. Help us to walk in righteousness, and show us the path you want us to take. 
For there is no faithfulness in their mouth;
Their inward part is destruction;
Their throat is an open tomb;
They flatter with their tongue.
10 Pronounce them guilty, O God!
Let them fall by their own counsels;
Cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions,
For they have rebelled against You.

Let our nation repent Lord. Let us turn from our wicked ways and seek your face.  The blood of countless children is on our hands. Our hands, the hands of Americans, who are so blessed by your guidance. Americans, who have been a light to the rest of the world when darkness has crept across the world with Nazi killing camps, Communist dictators, Islamic terrorists. But our hands are red with the blood of our own children. Our leaders have flattered and twisted until many have been deceived. 

It's a right. It's none of my business. You can't legislate morality. 

Save us from our apathy and fear of man. 

11 But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You;
Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them;
Let those also who love Your name
Be joyful in You.
12 For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous;
With favor You will surround him as with a shield.

Let those of us who know You seek to show your grace to those who walk in darkness. Let us open our mouths in defense of the innocent, speechless, defenseless children.  And fill us with joy unspeakable and full of glory. Let us be of good cheer, and fight the good fight. We are your happy children, surrounded with your favor. Nothing can touch us. Happily ever after is ours here and beyond. No matter where Your path leads us, Your power and joy go with us. Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Thank you Jocelyn for speaking what the LORD NO DOUBT put on your heart. I believe He heard the cry of your heart because it was the cry of his heart. I love you my sister. Keep speaking out. You inspire me and encourage me to do the same.

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.