Monday, June 09, 2014

Little Z! Summertime!

We are raising money to help cover the cost of hosting our little Z-man for 5 weeks this summer. Tiny donations welcome. Speak life to Z!




James 1:27 "Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you."

Way back in October I got a phone call from the sweetest lady saying that she saw I was looking at pictures of Latvians to host but that deadline was past and would I maybe consider hosting from China?
I stuttered around a bit, because I had never considered hosting from China. She was such a soul-sister-kindred-spirit to me though, and I told her the truth and she was all like, "Well, what age and gender were you thinking of hosting? "
"A little boy," I said. What? Umm, I don't need anymore little boys. Why would I say that?!?
And she was like, "Well, there's this cute little guy, Z. He likes to play and run and doesn't play with girls."
I found his picture and my heart started to warm up to this crazy idea of China hosting.
And then she told me has mild CP. Cerebral palsy? Wow. God. I don't know.
And then my kids saw his picture and started talking about Chinese buffet and how they always wanted a boy to play with and and and! BAM! Yes. Yes we'll host little Z. God just filled all our hearts with love for this little guy.
So we started getting ready to host him over Christmas. And then there was a delay. And then we planned to host him January. The delay delayed. And then, "Sorry, hosting has been put on hold indefinitely while China figures things out."
I knew God had a good plan for Z anyway, and I kept praying. And then, last week? I got an email saying that China is open for hosting and do we still want to host lil' Z?
YAY! God is good, His timing is perfect, and He provides all our needs.
We would love for you to pray for our family as we prepare to have this little guy in our hearts and home this summer. If you would like to join our family on this mission-minded mission by helping us out financially, please contact us directly.
Help us share the love with Z this summer!




Donations can be given directly to our family to cover the costs of hosting.

Praying folks: 1. Pray for God to continue His good work in arranging all the details of Zi's arrival and time with our family. 2. Pray for God to work in the hearts of a family to adopt Zi. He needs a forever family!
Feeling called to host? go to www.P143.org
You'll never regret it.

No comments:

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.