Sunday, December 15, 2013

Lasts

A lot of people talk about firsts when it comes to missing a loved one. First Christmas without them. First birthday without them. First fall, first baby, first spring. On and on it goes, until a whole year or so has passed and there are no more firsts of missing.

The firsts weren't so hard on me. They were a matter of course and bittersweet, but tolerable.

For me, it's the lasts I can't handle. The last birthday card my mom ever picked out and signed for me.
The last time I can wear the Christmas socks my mom gave me due to their wearing out. The last tea bag from the box of Eggnoggin' she gave me, the last cup of Christmas tea from my mom.

Everything is wearing out. The world is winding down. It's increasing entropy and I hate that law.
I can't make stuff last forever. I can't have my tea and drink it, too.

So, today marks the day when I drink this tea, wear these lucky socks with the holes and no elastic.

I can't stand it. I can't bear these lasts. I don't want to move on. I would rather not let go.

Live it today friends. Nothing is guaranteed. Give your daughter some Christmas socks. Buy a friend some holiday tea. Wear your happy socks. Drink your special tea.
Remember yesterday.
Live your moment.
Make the memories of tomorrow.

A Cup of Christmas Tea
 
XO
Joce

No comments:

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.