Friday, September 27, 2013

Forgotten Christmas

As you know, I love hosting kiddos for Christmas.

I also love giving forever gifts for Christmas.

I am just so convicted about the way we spend our money on trinkets for Christmas.
Seriously, buy a newer game thingy?
 

Or buy a well that provides clean drinking water AND a missionary that tells of the Living Water?



I have been thinking about writing this post for a few weeks, but was not sure what to say, how to say it. And then I was prompted by the Bible, of all things. :)

My verses for today are Luke 20:46-47
46 “Beware of the scribes, who desire to go around in long robes, love greetings in the marketplaces, the best seats in the synagogues, and the best places at feasts, 47 who devour widows’ houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. These will receive greater condemnation.”

The scribes devour widows' houses..
My heart is just so moved, and sad. Our gluttony devours the poor. Our overspending, overeating, and overindulging is responsible for the physical and spiritual deaths of so many people. I pray for a wave of repentance, I pray for forgiveness. When I reach heaven and face the accuser- what will I see? Face after face of people for whom I could have provided a drink of clean water and a drink of the Living Water if I had lived a little more simply, but DID NOT?
O Lord, let not my gluttony cause the death of the poor. Let me live poorer and give richer: feeding poor and hungry bodies and souls.



Going into this weekend humbled.

Forgotten Christmas.org

No comments:

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.