Friday, January 07, 2011

Treating Croup

Open a window
Turn on the humidifier
Prop up the head of their mattress
Put their bed by the open window
Add lavender, eucalyptus, and peppermint to the humidifier water (and/or RC)
Put those oils on a cotton ball and put in ears
Make a rub of the above essential oils as well (for back and chest and feet)
Give the baby a bath in it, too
Motrin before bed (full dose) (I like Motrin less than I used to, but it still works to control the cough.)
Give all the kids some Emergen-C
Nurse the baby
Add FenuThyme to the sick baby's applesauce
Add some Olive Leaf extract, too
Thieves oil on bottoms of feet
Put a movie on for the other kids, give the mommy a nap
Make a mash of fresh garlic, rosemary, thyme, and good olive oil, spread it on toast or mix into veggies they like
Dilute Oregano oil with coconut oil and spread on chest
Give the kid some Throat Coat tea with honey in it (keep by bed and give a drink every time their coughing wakes them/you up) add vitamin C to this for even better results
Anoint the baby with Gentle Baby essential oil mix, pray for healing
Kiss the baby's head a lot

XOXO
Joce

updated 12/14

4 comments:

michele said...

Hope he feels better soon & that you're able to get some rest. Let me know if you need anything.

Hanna said...

If you are in need of high quality therapeutic essential oils, give me a call.

There. I just spammed your blog.

Love, Hanna

Pamela said...

praying for your sick littles and your tired self.

Julie said...

Opening the window works wonders! Good old fresh air!

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.